The Association of Chartered Islamic Finance Professionals (ACIFP) was established on 7 May 2008 with its registered office at Lorong Universiti A , 59100 Kuala Lumpur. The association’s objectives are, amongst others:
- to promote the art, science and practice of Islamic finance in all its aspects, and set the highest standards of ethics, education and professional excellence;
- to establish liaison and to co-operate with government agencies and with educational and other appropriate institutions or bodies concerned with or interested in the development of the Association and to seek co-operation with any such institutions or bodies in Malaysia and overseas;
- to arrange for dissemination of information and knowledge relevant to the Islamic finance by all means including conferences, meetings, reading of papers, lectures, discussions correspondence and other means of communication;
- to provide opportunity and to encourage continuing professional development amongst Members to update and enhance technical competency in relevant fields connected with the profession of Islamic finance; and
- to publish and print publications, periodicals, journals, manuals, books newsletters and brochures containing updates, information and material relevant to and for the benefit of the Members including information on the activities of the Association.